Time Before Remembering
- All of Ryyah ruled by immortal Elders, led by one King
- King died unexpectedly and for unknown reasons.
- Death was unknown to these Elders and they did not have protocol in place to deal with the power vacuum the king’s death created.
- Four groups of Elders (the predecessors to all the modern Elves) began to compete for power.
Civil War between 4 main factions
- Ended with the shattering of the source stone
- Created the Great Chasm between West and East
- Ryyah blanketed in total darkness
- Elders did not come back together, but broke off and formed individual sovereign kingdoms.
- Darkness begins to recede
- Sword Elf kingdom established west of Great Chasm, lasted for 2000 years
- Fire Elves rediscovered by Sword Elves
- Sword Elf kingdom destroyed by army of Shadow Elves
- Fire Elves forced into alliance with Shadow Elves and created ‘Order of the Temples Flame’
- Survivors of Sword Elf kingdom cross the Great Chasm to flee the Shadow Elves and settle in the southeast. They become known as Southern High Elves.
- During final 1000 years of Twilight
- Between Fire, Ice, Shadow and high Elves (4 groups descended from the 4 main Elder factions)
- Determined modern boundaries and alliances
- Western Wood Elves established
- Southern high Elves request sanctuary from Northern king
- 1/10th of Southern Elves disliked Northern king’s terms and head east
- Settled with ‘lesser Elves’ and established new kingdom
- Flourished for 8000 years
Civil War between Western Wood Elves (southern x native eastern elves) and Native Eastern Wood Elves
- Native Eastern Elves 2nd class citizens, lost all of former power, dissension
- Eastern Elves defeated by Lord Aden
- Given land in wooded highlands, pledged loyalty to Lord Aden